Before you visit a bank to open an account, you need to pick which bank suits your requirements or principles. You should also remember that banks might charge a yearly fee for having an account with them. Once you have chosen your bank, you must check out all the details of the account to see whether they meet your needs.
Documents needed for a Dutch bank account are as follows:
- Your BSN number (Citizen service number)
- A valid proof of ID (identity card or passport as drivers license might not be acceptable)
- Proof of address (electricity bill or a rental contract)
- Residential permit if you come from outside of Europe
- Once the details have been processed, you will need to simply wait until your new “pinpas” is received by you or your account is approved.